Saturday, June 28, 2014

My Favorite Quilt

The plan was to post this when the pattern was ready, but I wanted to link up with the SewMamaSew favorite quilt party.  I am working on it, so if you want to make your own version of this quilt, you should see the PDF instructions pop up on Craftsy and at Etsy in the next couple of weeks.
  • Tell us about your favorite quilt. When did you make it? What pattern did you use? What fabrics?
    I made the first version in January and this quilt was completed in March 2014.
    This is original to me, I am still writing the pattern
    The black is Kona, the other 3 are all from Parson Gray: the rust is from World Tour, Mantova in Cloak; the stripe is from Vagabond, Camel Blanket - Scirocco; and the green is from Curious Nature, Dimitry Vines in Pine.

  • Have your shown it at any quilt shows or entered it in any contests?
    No, I never thought of it.
  • What memories or people does the quilt make you think of?
    I made this for my 15 year old son. When I see this quilt,  I think of him.
  • What do you like best about the quilt?
    I love the high contrast of the fabrics and the movement I created.
  • How did you grow as a quilter while making it?
    This started out as a doodle. When I sat down to draw with my daughter over Christmas break, versions of this pattern appeared in all of my drawings. Turning it from a drawing to a quilt was challenging and rewarding. I grew in my confidence about following my creative process.
  • If you could make this quilt again, what (if anything) would you do differently?
    Ha ha. I have made it 3 times. This one is the second. The only thing I would change is the fabrics to come up with another great combo.
  • Where is the quilt now?
    It is in my studio while I write the pattern. My son has been asking for it...better get back to work!

No comments: