Monday, July 12, 2010

before and after


Before and after
Originally uploaded by studiocherie

I thought the first photo shoot was okay. I have to say I was a little disappointed because the bags are each so beautiful. I think that was lost when we piled them atop one another. I had the idea yesterday to take them to our new favorite staircase (where we shot the slipcovered chair for One-Yard Wonders 2) and try some angles. The light was too full for us yesterday, so we had to head back there this morning before Rory went to work. We were able to get really creative in showing off the 5 bags. More shots on flickr, click on the photo to go there. This was my first time trying out the collage at Picnik I wanted to show the before and after side by side.

I just lost photoshop because it looks like the guy we bought it from did not have the license to it. I tried contacting the actual license owner to see if he would transfer it to me since I paid for it, but have not heard back yet. So for now, Picnik is my friend - and I do love it. If you need photo editing software but don't want to spend the money for photoshop, Picnik is great.

3 comments:

Erica Lea said...

I really like your collage! I haven't used Picnik before - I have Elements. That sucks about your Photoshop copy, though:-( Is there any way you can contact Adobe and prove that you paid? Just doesn't seem fair.

Heather Leavers said...

they do look great on the steps - do I gather they are in a public place? you're so brave!

StudioCherie said...

Erica, thanks for the support. I am in touch with Adobe and I need the original owner to sign off on it. It never occured to me that the guy who sold it to me may not have even owned it himself. No more buying pre-owned computers with software. Yikes!
Nifty, it's kind of a semi-abandoned back alley kind of place. Although one of my husbands co-workers saw him doing the photo shoot of me in my Amazon dress and was curious about it. When people ask, they get one of my cards of course! It's a good thing.