Thursday, March 18, 2010

Brunch


One of the things I LOVE about having my own business is having a leisurely brunch...everyday. I do brew the coffee in the morning, but before it's all gone, right around 11:00, I start thinking about brunch. For his birthday, I took Rory to brunch at Sante. I wanted him to have a taste of my life. Sante serves brunch all day everyday - they had me at bonjour!

I thought I would share the omelet I made for my solo brunch today, just in case you can't make it to Sante (which would earn 5 stars from me, if I had stars to give.)
Ingredients:
almost 2 Tbl butter, melted in the pan
one green onion, chopped - add it
one mushroom, chopped - add it
a huge handful of washed and dried fresh spinach - roughly chopped - add it

Seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic powder

3 slices of cooked bacon leftover from yesterday's brunch - roughly chopped - add it

2 eggs beaten together lightly - add them

while the eggs are cooking, I add to the pan about 1/4 cup of hollandaise leftover from the other night when we had asparagus

It all gets mixed up and cooked together.

The 1/4 of an avocado on top really made this a meal that will fuel me well for the day.

I know you are laughing right now. Like that needed the avocado to make it last. It was the perfect flavor anyway. How do you like my food photography? It tasted better than it looks.

1 comment:

Jaci said...

Yum!!! I think the hollandaise put it over the top before the avocado!