Tuesday, March 3, 2009

She would look good in a potato sack...


I grew up with the notion that that was the ultimate compliment. If you could make burlap look good, baby, you got it. Meet Amy Butler, she makes burlap look good. People often ask me where I get the great fabrics for my bags. If you are in Spokane, the only place to get it is The Top Stitch. The owner, Carrie Jarvis, gives sewing lessons too. The shop, in its new location at 3808 N Monroe, is roomy, well lit, and chock full of fabrics that make aprons look good enough to wear out of the house. I have to admit that the burlap was not my idea. These bags are part of a custom order I made for a great gal on the East Coast. I am headed from here to post photos and a funny listing for her in my shop. Thank you Carrie, and thank you Amy Butler for making me look good, even in a potato sack.

6 comments:

elsie said...

those bags are the CUTENESS!! thanks for sharing!

Regina Moore said...

Love the bags! The contrast of the burlap and gorgeous fabrics is very interesting!

City Chic Country Mouse said...

I love them! Very cute!

Fashionably Adorned said...

The bags are to cute.. very spring/summer,, makes me want to go to the beach!

StudioCherie said...

Thanks everyone, and Elsiee, now that that order is done I can make you your prize!

Anastasia said...

You must make more for your etsy shop, that are wonderful!