Monday, October 18, 2010

Now is the perfect time to panic

I never wear a watch. I rarely look at a clock. I try to stay in touch with the calendar, but only very loosely. I was looking forward to writers group tonight, but discovered that Cheryl-Anne is in Tuscany this week, and I thought "already?" I better look at the calendar. I looked. My palms began to sweat. Here I am, 16 days to go to my big trip. This is what is on my sewing table: 1) a new bag for my trip, not a duffle but a totally new design for a travel bag. 2) a small bag for my mom, also a new design for the trip - a couple of prototypes done already, but still not finalized. 3) several skirts and tops I want for myself for the trip. going with simplicity patterns for these. already have fabric. 4) Caleb's cowl cloak - design in my head, fabric ready. 5) 4 new baby change pad bags - 1 already sold and 3 for the shop. 6) Finishing up for the release of the stocking pattern. 7) Oh, and some duffles, the black and white houndstooth and a new houndstooth in browns to be ready to ship in the shop. 8) an office chair slip cover that I hope to finish and ship today. Seems like a lot for 2 weeks. I will just take it one day at a time. If anyone who reads this blog was thinking about placing a custom duffle order with me before Christmas, I can still handle those. I will be taking slipcovers out of the line-up until after Christmas. I think it's my only chance at sanity.

3 comments:

Randi said...

Ugh. I know how you feel.

Waterrose said...

OH my goodness girl....can you manage to create anymore stress! by the way....where are you going?

StudioCherie said...

My mom and I are going to Israel and Egypt for 2 weeks. If some of the things on the list don't get done, I will be okay with it. I will save the clothes for last.