Tuesday, November 23, 2010

My Carry-on Backpack


My Carry-on Backpack
Originally uploaded by studiocherie
I made this bag specifically for the Israel/Egypt trip. I wanted to test a large backpack for the person who wants to travel with only one bag. I made it to the maximum carry-on size for Delta Airlines which is 22x14x9 inches. It fit into the overhead bins nicely. I did carry it just about everywhere. Here it is pictured at the Roman ruin of Bet She'an. There are a few changes I will be making as I put it into production and prepare the pattern for release - like adding a belt strap to take some of the weight off the shoulders. I had a blast making it and figured out an awesome way to line every part. It really is a serious piece of luggage. Part of the joy of making it was using Etsuko Furuya's fabrics. Watch for bags like this one in my shop soon and the sewing pattern Spring 2011.

No comments: