Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Goodies for the party


Goodies for the party
Originally uploaded by studiocherie
I am writing up the tutorial now for these ribbon tied goodie baskets that store flat. A lot of work went into this photo shoot, but the reward is delicious. Fabric by Debbie Mumm. Baked goods by
Gabrielle.
Each basket uses 8 grommets - the same large eyelets I use for luggage tags. The tutorial will include the formula for plugging in the size and depth you want to make any size square or rectangular fabric basket. If you like to use heavy duty snaps instead of the ribbon ties, just use the snaps in place of the grommets. The baskets are fully lined and they are finished without the use of bias binding. (After making 6 aprons recently, frankly I have had enough bias binding for the year - I am counting 2011 as well.) They are super quick and easy. I love how they dress up a hostess or neighbor gift. My last minute Christmas project. Plenty of time for New Years parties. Of course, these will show up in the shop as a Valentines suggestion as well, along with another fun craft project especially for Valentines. Holidays just make me feel so crafty. It's not like I don't have 50 bags to make as well...These are a fun distraction.

No comments: