Friday, December 10, 2010

Thorn Tree - Israel


Thorn Tree - Israel
Originally uploaded by studiocherie
We visited this park where our guide said David trimmed down the number of men in his army by how they drank at the stream. Does that sound familiar? Now I am going to have to look it up - later, I mean. It was near Ein Gedi. So as the guide is talking and explaining the significance of this place - I was feeling pretty toured out - this unusual tree caught my eye, and I wandered off a bit to photograph it. Next time, less tour, more time to relax and enjoy. This park would be great in season - see the empty swimming pool in the background? I wandered away from my sewing room for a minute to post this. I am pretty excited about the new bags I am working on. The great thing is I don't have a boss (or a tour guide) cracking the whip (or saying "Let's go folks!")

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

those trees are so neat!
My grandmother had one in her backyard, the only one I've ever seen in person.

Ironically, the day you posted this was the 1 yr anniversary of her passing... Very cool :)

Thanks for sharing this!