Tuesday, February 3, 2009

On the Ball Decorating

As an upholsterer and slipcoverer, it is very hard to admit this, but right now I am sitting on an exercise ball, and I like it! Inspired by a marathon running co-worker, Rory picked up a 65cm exercise ball to use at his office. He made the fatal mistake of inflating it at the house. Now all of us want it. I am seriously thinking about how our kitchen table would look surrounded by big blue balls instead of chairs. If I am thinking this now, that means 3 years from now, Pottery Barn will be selling them in white and gold. Meanwhile, I am rethinking my green plan for the aircraft carrier (that's the name of the boring green couch in our living room - see Cabin Fever Decorating.) I may have to go with blue. I do like how those Amy Butler fabrics look on the blue chair (I am pretending the bags are pillows.) Now there is a contest at Apartment Therapy called do it now. Nothing like a challenge (and prizes) to get me off the dime- and on the ball.

9 comments:

Randi said...

Wow, I just think I found my new office chair! :)

StudioCherie said...

You will love it!

Heather said...

Love it!...and the cabin fever decorating...I have a bad case!

April said...

too funny - we have one in our family room too. it's from when i was pregnant, but the kids won't let me put it away!

btw, they sell 'stands' for them, so they really can be used as seats and you don't have to worry about them rolling away :-)

StudioCherie said...

I saw those stands when I went to look for an online link to the ball. Cool! But I do like rolling around on it too. Only a couple of times today did I fear that I might spill my coffee on the keyboard. Maybe I need a stand!

always sunny said...

hey...do you do upholstering for anyone but you? if you do, what would couch be? when we move, we desperately need a couch recovered.
hmmm....

almondtree said...

I wanted the exercise ball for ages...but feels insecure sitting on something that looks like a beach balloon.. :P

Jill said...

OMG! I worked in a small office about 5 years ago. One day my health nut boss came in with those exercise balls and told us to move our chairs into the studio and try these out for a day. We all LOVED sitting (and bouncing) on those. (We were in a graphic design studio, so not very many overly professionals coming in to gawk at us.)

StudioCherie said...

Rachel, yes, I am the couch doctor, I can help you. That will be fun.
Almondtree, I think maybe that's the idea, it keeps you adjusting and works your core. That's what pilates people call your abs. So it's fun and slimming. Maybe if you get the stand thing?
RandomMoments, I do have the feeling it's going to catch on at my husband's office too.