Tuesday, April 21, 2009

darling now


darling now
Originally uploaded by studiocherie
This little shrug has a fun story. It used to be a sweater that came to my hips, think Olympia Dukakas in Moonstruck. Since little old Italian Mama is not my look, the sweater, though beautifully made, sat in my drawer. If you click on the links, you can see the before photo and a couple a pictures of me wearing it on Saturday. If you click on the photo here, it will take you to Flickr where I wrote a brief description of how I did the alteration. When I thought about altering it, I went to the forum on Etsy to ask the advice of people who crochet. Everyone seemed to have strong feelings about it one way or another, and having a conversation with other people about the process while I was doing it made it a lot of fun. Here is the link to the interaction on the forum. It is really a generous and talented group of people at Etsy. So I wore this on Saturday at a leadership seminar where John C. Maxwell was the keynote speaker (that will have to be another post) and got a lot of compliments. People even stopped me on Sunday to tell me how darling I looked on Saturday. Yay!

3 comments:

Anastasia said...

I love it - you are so very talented! It's great that you don't mind asking for help.

elsie said...

can I send you my Olympia Dukakis sweater and end up looking as cute and chic as you do in the cropped version, pleeassseeeee!!

smashing darling, simply smashing!!

Valerie Boersma said...

I love the way it looks! You do look darling!