Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Deep Creek Bridge Beaver

On Sunday afternoon, we went for a hike, and I spotted this guy munching away under a small tree. I think I was about 5 feet away when I got this shot. This was a real treat for all of us. We also discovered a fantastic trail heading up deep creek with a ton of photo ops, but my camera batteries were dead, so we'll have to go back another time. This is all part of Riverfront State Park. The slogan- Spokane near nature, near perfect -works for me. For all I complain about missing Seattle, I do enjoy hiking around Spokane.

5 comments:

Splendid Little Stars said...

What a great shot! How special to see this creature!

We Blog Artists said...

He's wonderful...doesn't wildlife just always bring you back down to Earth...beautiful shot!

elsie said...

He's magnificent! So tell me did you find you were more in the moment without camera..?

I always wonder if somehow I'm missing something while I obsessively photograph everything...

Lady Steel said...

Cool!

Waterrose said...

Great blog! Welcome to the treasury team. And, that is one cute beaver!