Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Deep Creek Bridge Beaver

On Sunday afternoon, we went for a hike, and I spotted this guy munching away under a small tree. I think I was about 5 feet away when I got this shot. This was a real treat for all of us. We also discovered a fantastic trail heading up deep creek with a ton of photo ops, but my camera batteries were dead, so we'll have to go back another time. This is all part of Riverfront State Park. The slogan- Spokane near nature, near perfect -works for me. For all I complain about missing Seattle, I do enjoy hiking around Spokane.

5 comments:

Splendid Little Stars said...

What a great shot! How special to see this creature!

**WE BLOG ARTISTS** said...

He's wonderful...doesn't wildlife just always bring you back down to Earth...beautiful shot!

elsiee said...

He's magnificent! So tell me did you find you were more in the moment without camera..?

I always wonder if somehow I'm missing something while I obsessively photograph everything...

Lady Steel said...

Cool!

Waterrose said...

Great blog! Welcome to the treasury team. And, that is one cute beaver!