Monday, August 31, 2009

The Story of My Life


Umekoji dancers
Originally uploaded by MShades
Sometimes we have experiences that tell our story in a nutshell. When I was attending the University of Washington School of Drama, I auditioned for a musical. The director had a group of us lined up as in this photo for the dance portion of the audition. The music began and the choreographer directed. I found the group a bit constraining, so I stepped out of the line and asked the director if I could have a little more room. I was asked to leave. I guess I just have to be different. I still think I would have been great.

4 comments:

Aunt LoLo said...

Heh...you coulda been great!

Hey...I was UW grad, too! School of Music and School of Speech Communication!

**WE BLOG ARTISTS** said...

Well...I think it's great you spoke out...too many sheep and people with narrow mindedness on this Earth!
Good for you!
Have a great week.
Char

StudioCherie said...

Did I say I graduated? Um, no. Good for you hanging in there Lolo. I finish what I start now, but I was not always that way.

Char, your comment is so funny because the production was Animal Farm and I was really hoping to be a sheep. The girls who got cast had actual sheep-like hair though -BIG and curly! I was more like a squirrel, and I don't think there were any squirrels in that show.

Splendid Little Stars said...

amusing story! So you're not a sheep. Squirrels are cool-- run through trees high above the ground, can balance on thin wires, and some can even fly.