Friday, March 25, 2011

Pyramid Puppies Giza, Egypt


Pyramid Puppies
Originally uploaded by studiocherie
I have been thinking a lot lately about what a blessed life I have. It is pretty amazing to me that I got to spend a couple of days in Cairo just a couple of months before their revolution.

The whole time I was there, I was wishing Rory could be there with me - partly because a man on my arm would have let me put my own guard down- but mainly because there was so much to photograph and so little time to do it. When we go together, we will just want a guide and not too much on the schedule. Taking our time to hang out with locals and take a million photos.

Our Egyptologist told us that the Sphinx is the most photographed place on the planet. Still I felt it was a privilege to be there. The pyramid in this photo is the oldest surviving pyramid in Giza.

In Israel, there were lots of stray cats. One of the first things I noticed in Egypt were the stray dogs. There was a 3rd pup and I wish I could have got them all, but they were on the move and so was I.

My mom is heading to Panama next month. My friend Cheryl-Anne is going to Iceland and to Europe. I'll be here sewing and remembering my big trip. Looking forward to a long season of travel in my future.